The Conference is intended to support the strategic goal of the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development – to create in-demand science in the interests of the ocean that we need and become one of the venues for the Year of Science and Technology in the Russian Federation.
The aim of the Conference is to improve the coordination of marine research programs, advance sea state monitoring systems, develop scientific potential, optimize planning of maritime space, and reduce maritime risks to improve management of resources in marine and coastal zones.
The Conference will be organized in the form of plenary, sectional and poster presentations in the following areas:
Section 1. Fundamental processes of the marine environment formation and evolution.
Section 2. Marine observing systems: methods, means and results.
Section 3. Rational use of marine environment resources.
The scope of Conference reports will cover the following issues:
• experimental and theoretical studies of hydrodynamic, thermohaline and biogeochemical processes;
• modern technologies and methods for calculating main oceanological parameters in seas and oceans;
• studies of climate change and anthropogenic impact on the marine environment state;
• modern and promising methods and means of contact and remote observations;
• mathematical modeling of ecosystem dynamics;
• economics and law in the field of navigation safety and use of marine resources;
• information and resource support of oceanological research and marine economic activities;
• methods and means of protecting the marine environment and providing rational use of natural resources;
• problems of the coastal zone of the sea.