Since January 2021, the Ocean Decade has triggered a global scientific movement to scale up knowledge generation efforts in support of sustainable ocean management so we can tackle the challenges together.
This burgeoning revolution in ocean science was clearly demonstrated through the numerous, high quality submissions received during the first Call for Decade Actions. Over the last few months submissions were reviewed and initial results were discussed at the first meeting of the Interim Decade Advisory Board held in early April. Stay tuned for more information!
OCEAN DECADE NEWS
- Update on the Call for Decade Actions No. 01/2020
- High-Level Launch of the Ocean DecadeFirst International Ocean Decade Conference (1 June 2021 | 11h-15h CEST)
- Virtual Early Career Ocean Professional Day(1-2 June 2021)
- Official launch of several Ocean Decade National Decade Committees (NDC)
- Launch of the Ocean Decade Regional Task Forces
- Celebrating women’s empowerment on International Women’s Day 2021
- Enhancing community resilience to Tsunami risk in the Caribbean
- Podcast: ‘Saving the Ocean with Science’
- From mapping the ocean to finding solutions: discover opportunities provided by the Ocean Decade in the Caribbean Sea
OCEAN DECADE ACTIVITIES
- Exhibition: ‘1 Ocean, the Great Testimony'
- Ocean Decade Poster Competition: the winners have been announced!
- H2O21 Water Summit: engaging young people in ocean conservation
- Students visit the UNESCO exhibition and participate in educational workshops atthe Oceanographic Museum of Monaco
- Launch of Ocean Literacy Training Courses to support the Decade
- Blue Foods: Science for a Sustainable
- The Ocean Panel and Ocean Decade: unleashing the full potential of ocean knowledge for a sustainable ocean economy
- Oceans: Time to turn the tide
- UNESCO Marine World Heritage: Custodians of the globe's blue carbon assets
READ THE NEWSLETTER
Click here to read the newsletter,
or use a direct access to MailChimp: https://mailchi.mp/unesco/ocean-decade-newsletter-6-april-2021